Sunday 5 February 2012

THE BIG CHOP

Hi people, hope your weekend has been great. I had been nursing the idea of cutting my hair for a while now. This was prompted by an incidence that happened at the salon two months ago. I had gone to the salon to remove my weave-on and wash my hair. I didn't meet the usual girl that does my hair at the salon and the owner of the salon was also not around. I was left at the mercy of the lady that i met there who I didn't realize was a novice on the job. I'm this kind of person that likes to stick to a particular salon and a particular person or people attending to my hair. So when I got to the salon and met *Lucy, even though I didn't know how good she was in handling hair, I felt that since it was just to lose my weave and wash my hair, that nothing could go wrong. If only i knew. ........

I realized all was not well when she was taking longer than usual to comb my hair after washing it. You know the usual drill of wash the hair with shampoo, condition it, comb it out with the conditioner still in the hair to soften it and wash finally. After the final washing off of the conditioner, oya, babe comb my hair na. She kept combing the back hair and it just wasn't straightening. I put my hand there and i felt massive tangling of my hair. I froze. I felt it again to know if i could detangle it, but it was really bad. I told her to put more conditioner on that part and leave it for a while to see if it would soften it and aid the detangling. While we were still looking for a solution, her boss *Linda came in.

Once Linda saw what had happened, she quickly took over and tried to salvage the situation. But the damage had already been done. My hair was badly tangled at the back. Linda took her time in detangling it, but by the time she was through, i almost had no hair there again. :-(.. *Lucy was by the corner crying and apologizing to me for the mess done to my hair. In as much as I was angry that my hair had just been damaged, I felt sorry for her and didn't even have the strength to scold her. Besides, her Madam had done enough scolding for the both of us. There and then, I decided that sooner than later, I would have to chop everything off. Linda was so angry at her and they kept on apologizing to me.

I had been postponing the day of the big chop because I hadn't gathered enough courage to go for it. I finally decided to have it done today. I went to a salon in Surulere where I know the guys are good with the scissors. I was scared because I didn't know how I would look after the whole thing. I almost felt like crying when *Akin was chopping my hair off. At the end of the day, he gave me a good Anita Baker hair cut and I simply love my new look. :-).. It makes me look much younger and I kindda feel liberated not having to worry about fixing weaves and braiding my hair for a while. I wish I could put up some pixs of my new look, but i still love my anonymous status. :-D.. I can just imagine the surprised look on the faces of my colleagues come Tuesday, LOL.

Oh well, enjoy the one day holiday. Do i love this surprise public hols or what? :-p

Huggsss and Kisses

58 comments:

  1. Awwwwww!, it's a pity you had to cut it but on the bright side, you love the look and before you know it, your hair has grown back :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope it grows quickly oo. Thanks dear.

      Delete
  2. Eeya, sorry o. I remember when I mistakenly cut part of my hair along with the braids some time back, my hair was long and relaxed then. I cried and cried and cried for the whole day. But in the end, its just hair and it will grow back.

    Besides, I dont think short relaxed stylish hair is that easy to maintain o. Pele

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know it's more difficult to maintain short hair. I will try my best though. Thanks hun.

      Delete
  3. Yay!! Was finally able to read it. Some weird ish happened with it when I tried reading it earlier. Anyway, I am loving the turn of events though. I like that you totally just turned the seeming disaster around. Way to go! I am all for switching up looks from time to time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks love. It was quite easy to take the decision, but following through with it was something else. :-D..

      Delete
  4. Something positive might come out of it, just vex the situation. Pele! My sister.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wanted: Random girl walking around surulere with new low-cut hairstyle and smiling because of the surprise public holiday!

    Nice article sha =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am not my hair/ I'm not the (whatever)/ I am the soul that lives within

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know I want to cut my hair at some point in my life... but I don't know if I have the courage to... YET... hav'n cut the hair for 6years (if u know what I mean)...
    more grace...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do know what you mean. You need to have seen the look on my face when the strands of hair were falling away. It pained me oooo no be small. But I love my new look now. You just take your time dear and go for it when you are ready.

      Delete
  8. I wish you put a picture for us to see :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish i could too, but then I will no longer be anonymous... :-D

      Delete
  9. This was exactly the reason I had to cut my hair! But I had no one to blame, I loosened and washed the hair myself. Well, it's almost a year now and it's growing back.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmmmmm, didn't know you cut your's because of the same reason. I thought you probably just decided on a new look. I hope mine grows back quickly and more healthily.

      Delete
  10. Ndo oo he. On the plus side, you've got a new look to rock.

    The lucy gal must have serious 'kata-kata' hands Haba! I thought loosening a weave and washing hair was Saloon basics 101? smh

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL @ 'kata kata' hands. I also thought washing hair was the simplest of things to do at the salon, but Lucy proved me wrong. :-)

      Delete
  11. OYA PUT PICS, I WANT TO SEE THE NEW LOOK

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL. I really wish i could dear, but.......

      Delete
  12. Abeg snap the hair and remove ur face jor. Oya please. I had the same issues with my hair last year but mine was due to bonding. I was soo scared i was gona be nicknamed baldy but thankfully, it's growing back. I trust u to rock ur new look #wink

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You bet I will rock the look. Thanks love.

      Delete
  13. I know you mentioned having courage to cut your hair a while back. Seems Lucy just accelerated your courage and decision. It is such a pity though that you had to cut your hair this way. But it is nice you are looking at the bright side. I also cut my hair a while back and I am rocking my TWA.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, Lucy sure did accelerate it for me. Thanks dear. I will be sure to rock my new look. It's not really a TWA.

      Delete
  14. I wonder how i will look in short hair. No, let me stop wondering cos i know exactly how i will look - like a giant,round ball of potato!!! No kidding!
    I cant even dream of trying to do dat. I love it, though, when i see people in anita baker hair style. Rock your thing jare, baibe! And make sure you get toasters through this new look ooo. No just waste am.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LMAO @ your description of you with short hair. *wink wink* @ getting new toasters.

      Delete
  15. I cannot read the post! What is wrong with the font and background?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm surprised you couldn't read the post. Do try again later dear.

      Delete
  16. Nice one, babes! You look amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Can't believe i though of food when i saw the title, i thought "wetin she chop wey pesin no go hear word? ehn?" lmho

    Pele jare, your henemies meant it for bad beht it has turned into fabulosity *jumping hi5* na you be badt guys ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahhahahahahhahaha. Na so you like food reach? Hi5 back to you jare. Thanks dear.

      Delete
    2. Baaaaabe!!! E don take style tey o, sup with you? Hope you're ok? Have a blessed month

      Delete
  18. Rock the hair babe. Thanks 4 dropping by at my blog.
    Tamsdiary-live life.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great blog post. Keep up the good work.

    www.stylebycesca.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. aww. dont worry you'll get used to it and with time it will grow. I did mine last year sha cos the hair was in shambles and i didn't have a stylist then.

    ReplyDelete
  21. ok, where have you been? Val is over, you can come back now.
    Srzly, i miss you and i wld hav haunted you on fb only that i dont have ur contact so pretty pls, come and blog

    ReplyDelete
  22. looool @ your enjoying your anonymous status. but you could still show off the back view of your hair cut though ;)!

    Btw I nominated you for The Versatile Blogger Awards. For more info check http://madamchiso.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  23. Ok, tot i did this before but come back and blog na. Been too long which is pretty unusual. i hope you're good.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Every cloud has a silver lining, like they say. I am glad some good came out of this episode. Hopefully your hair will grow back even longer than it was before.

    ReplyDelete
  25. thought i was going to see pictures of your pretty hair o! ok, am going to uncover your anonymity pretty soon ask HoneyDame to tell you her story.....am on a quest, lol.
    Short hairs are easy to manage. Best wishes in your new look, but in the meantime... please come back and blog its been a looonnnnggg time.

    ReplyDelete
  26. I want to chop off my hair too but i would rather do it because i want to, not because someone damaged my hair. I am sure the cut is nice...enjoy your week.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Lol, Im sure its not gorimapa or is it? Look on the bright side their, consider it a make over!

    ReplyDelete
  28. all's well that ends well as they say...glad you love your new hair!

    So we don't get to see any picture? :(

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hi Che,

    Hope you are doing good. It has been a while.

    Take care

    ReplyDelete
  30. Nice write-up. I particularly like your humour in the face of what should have been a bad-hair-day-gone-worse.

    I'm new to this blogging thing. So please check out my blog and any useful blogging tips would be highly appreciated.

    9ja-dejavu.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  31. @Priscy, No stopping a girl on a mission lol. Oya Che abeg na

    ReplyDelete
  32. Hmmmm,Miss Anonymous! Abeg put up a pix make i see your anita baker hair-do jare.LOL

    ReplyDelete
  33. Does your blog have a contact page? I'm having a tough time locating it but, I'd like
    to send you an email. I've got some suggestions for your blog you might be interested in hearing. Either way, great website and I look forward to seeing it grow over time.

    Feel free to visit my web site: Tata sky Cccam

    ReplyDelete
  34. bookmarked!!, I love your website!

    my homepage :: daily offers

    ReplyDelete