Hello everyone, thank you so much for your comments, encouragement, prayers and checking up on me following my last post. I came back from Abuja a while ago and I'm doing great. I'm still on the job search thingy, but it will be over soon. So how have you all been? I've started my blog rounds, but still have a long way to go. I met a fellow blogger on friday. Yayyyyyyy (dancing around my room) :-D. Ok,I'm calm now. I went to the salon to dissolve the nails i fixed. On getting there, all the girls were busy with customers, so I gisted a little with *Cynthia: the lady that owns the salon. She asked if I had gotten another job and I responded not yet. As I was about to leave, I stopped to admire the hair of one of her customers. This lady has long and healthy hair. I complimented her hair and I said to Cynthia, Mehnnnn, see fine hair, shay mine would have been this long if your girl didn't mess it up for me. We talked a bit about how my hair was before the "Big Chop". Unknown to me, the customer that had the long hair is a fellow blogger & we both follow each other on blogsville :-D. Alright, alright, I'm dragging the gist abi. Her name is, wait for it..........Amaka of http://amakaobi.blogspot.com/. So she turns to me and asks if I used to work in a bank, I cautiously said yes. She had put two and two together and then asked, "are you Che of naijabankgirl. Instantly, I knew she was a blogger too. When she told me her name, I just started screaming: Wow, Are you serious, OMG. :-).
I was so excited to meet a fellow blogger. We just started gisting and making noise in the salon. She is such a down to earth person, beautiful inside and outside and is extremely lively. Since we had already connected via blogsville, it was easy to just flow with her. She lives very close to my house and we have been using the same salon for years, but never knew each other until that day. It's such a small world.We exchanged numbers and bb pin and I would be visiting her soon.
I will like to say a HUGE thank you to Cherrywine and Didi for the Liebster Award
and to Ema Leecious, Cherrywine, Amaka's Notepad, A-9ja-Great, Docia and Cee for tagging me in the 11's. You guys all rock you know. But ehnnnnn, this 11's own come too much ooo walahi. Ahnnn ahnnnn, where I wan start from sef. Ok, since I have a lot of questions to answer, I decided to do it in parts so as not to bore you all and even myself. Shebi I'm permitted. Thanks :-).. Permit me to also skip the rules :-p..
11 Random things about me:
1. I double check things a lot. For instance, if I'm the last to go to bed. I double check to be sure that the main doors are locked, the cooker is off, the iron is off, etc. It's an annoying habit that I'm trying to stop.
2. I hate been called "Baby". Whether said with an igbo accent: "Bebee" or said normally, I just don't like it at all. It irritates me. It's even worse when a stranger calls me that. Biko, stick to my name (to the stranger) or any other form of endearment (to my friends).
3. I have 6 names, one of which is Abiodun. I'm fully Igbo, but somehow, Momsie felt the need to give us Yoruba names. I think mine is because I was born on a Muslim festival day: October 9th. Oya, could the Yoruba's in the house help me out here. :-).. And among my 6 names, there is no English name sef. Still thinking of a suitable English name for myself.
4. I am very very choosy when it comes to food. To the extent that it annoys me. I don't take onions, visibly seen tomatoes or pepper except they are ground to a paste. If they are visible, I either pick them out or eat something else. I don't like all them "oyibo" food like burger, sharwama, hot dogs, salad, spaghetti etc. I love my traditional foods like african salad, rice and ofe akwu (banga stew), yam and red oil with alligator pepper and crayfish, eba and oha soup etc (yummy) :-D. I hope to learn to eat all those oyibo food later sha.
5. I love love love children. They are cute, interesting, active and fun to be with. Can't wait to have mine. Would want to have a set of twins first (a boy and a girl).
6. I don't like been asked "How was your night". I feel like most people that ask that do so out of courtesy, they don't really care to know. Maybe it's just me being weird. While I was working, my colleagues would ask, and of cos I would respond: It was fine. Thanks. But would never ask in return how theirs was. Instead, I could say, "I trust you had a lovely night rest".
7. I can be extremely hard working and also extremely lazy. When that "spirit" to work descends on me ehnnn, I can work non stop. But when I'm in my lazy mood, you wouldn't believe it's the same me.
8. I don't like writing with black biro. It's too dull for me. I prefer blue. I love colors too. All things bright and beautiful.
9. I have a pretty good memory. I remember the last places I saw things. So if anything goes missing in the house, just ask Che. If I had seen it before, I would tell you exactly where it is. While growing up, my elder sister would always say: Find my missing A or B and win a prize. I would always find it for her and she never gave me my prize. :-)
10. I love a cold environment. I prefer been in an air-conditioned room to an ordinary room. I guess that's because I sweat a lot. I might be feeling cold, but I can cover up and keep warm. That is much better for me than feeling hot and sweating. I avoid the sun as much as possible.
11. I love to read. I developed the habit of reading from when I was a little girl. I remember reading Enid Blyton books in primary school. I was the Librarian in my primary school.
1. What do you do in your spare time? I read, watch movies or sleep.
2 What one thing are you most proud of? I'm proud of myself and how far I've come in life.
3. What is your ultimate dream vacation? Hawaii.
4. What are you most looking forward to in the next year? Ermmm, don't know yet.
5. Most important thing you are saving up for? To buy my car I guess.
6. Have you ever rescued someone? What were the circumstances? Nope, not yet anyway.
7. Who influenced you the most when you were a child? My mum.
8. Who influences you the most now? Different people on different occasions.
9. What is the most daring or dangerous thing you've ever done? Ermmmmm, can't think of any now.
10. What person in history would you most like to meet? Nelson Mandela.
11. What would you love for your next birthday gift? A brand new 2012 Toyota 4Runner ( I get big eye abi) :-D. I'm patiently waiting.
1. What is the most important attribute you look for in the opposite sex? Honesty
2. What's your passion? I love talking to and listening to people, music, etc.
3. What would you do if you had a million dollars? Sleep first, when I wake up, I will think of what to do.
4. What do you consider your best attribute? My dedication to people and things.
5. When did you have your first kiss? In secondary school, can't remember the exact age I was.
6. Do you prefer someone in suit or casually dressed? Casually dressed.
7. What's the best book you ever read? That's a tough one cos I have read a lot of interesting books.
8. If you had the opportunity to see any influential person, who would it be? Nelson Mandela.
9. Do you enjoy PDA (Public Display of Affection)? To an extent.
10. Comedy, Romance, Drama, Thriller, which of these best describes the type of movies you like? All of them.
11. When exactly would you like to get married and start a family? Asap. :-)
I would have to stop here now. Would do the remaining 4 in my next post soon. My fingers are aching me and mehnnnn, this is like writing Jamb. Abeg ehnnn, if one person don tag me, make the others no follow join. :-D..You know I love you all right.
Hugs and Kisses.